Saturday, December 21, 2013

Only Three More Weeks...

I bet you didn't know that I have another blog. Yes, I originally started blogging back in 2010.  It was a mommy blog.  I wanted to chronicle a day in the life of a boy and his mom.  My goal was to make fun, quirky posts on a daily basis that were though provoking and insightful.  So that lasted about a month.  My daily posts became weekly posts, monthly posts, quarterly and then...oh that's right I forgot I even had a blog.

It was easy to forget with the ease of FaceBook.  I could post something every day. It didn't require me to proofread and question whether anyone actually wanted to read what I had to say. And it certainly didn't require me to go through my pictures to try to make my post look cool and appealing.  

So what's the point?  Ah yes, blogging requires there to be a point. Otherwise, it's really a run-on, Twitter rant that I can't do on Twitter because I'm limited to a certain number of characters.  And let's face it, I don't know how to use Twitter. I'm there. I try.  Clueless.  

Oh yes, I need to focus. The point.  The point is that in a little over three weeks, I'm going to be publishing my second book, It's Not Over. 

I'm really excited about this book. The story and characters are complex. I love it. I really do.  However, writing this story presented this little problem....Rick and Maddy had so much story to tell. I finally made the decision in October to break their story up into 2 books.  I knew exactly how each book would end. 

So how do I let you know when It's Not Over goes live?  FaceBook now has a new algorithm --whatever that means -- and wants to make sure that your time on their site is meaningful. Translation:  They want me to pay for you to see my posts.  

In a rebellious response to Facebook's new action, I decided to look into Google+.  It's actually pretty cool. The only problem...well, you're not there.  You're probably not even here.  You're probably on Facebook.  

This reminds me of the time that I got really pissed off at Target.  I vowed NEVER to shop there again. In fact, I was convinced that my act of protest was going to somehow cause the collapse of the Target empire because I wouldn't grace their aisles ever again. Instead, I'd shop at Wal-mart. Take that Target.  

My resolve lasted a week.  

Back to what I was saying.  I'm all over the place and probably driving you insane.  That's pretty much how I feel -- I'm totally crazy.  I've spent so much time editing that my brain is mush. I'm exhausted and let's not even talk about how fat I've gotten while writing. 

It's Not Over is an awesome novel and I'm so proud of it.  You met Rick Marin and Madison Stuart in The Do Over.  A friend of mine, Morgan Parker, argued with me one day telling me that I was so wrong thinking that The Do Over was Dani's story. In his opinion, it was Rick's story.  I won't argue with him. It's like trying to get my son to do anything without a power struggle.  But because I'm mature and open minded, I revamped my thinking.

Rick and Madison's story began in The Do Over.  It continues in It's Not Over and will conclude in Let It go. Morgan forbids me to title it Get Over It

This is how I see Rick and Madison.  







All of that ranting and rambling to say....I am rebelling against FaceBook and will use other sources of social media to proclaim from the internet super highway the latest updates and news about the books that I'm writing, share teasers, run contests, and hope that you hear me. 

Maybe, it will last longer than my Target Strike.  =)  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go troll FaceBook.  But just to make it clear, I'm not selling out that quickly.  I'm just cross marketing.  This is the first public display of my character muses for It's Not over.  =)  You saw it first. 

~Happy Reading!

Ana

No comments: