Thursday, July 18, 2013

TEASER: It's Not Over

I was tagged in a post that required that I post a teaser from page 70 in my work in progress.  If I didn't post the teaser, bad things would happen to me like perhaps gaining 10 lbs while writing or humidity on a rainy day, causing my hair to frizz.

So here it is, the first official teaser from It's Not Over.

This teaser is unedited and subject to change.  


You seem like a nice guy,” he started, “and it looks like she’s gotten her hooks into you.”

“Listen, motherfucker. I don’t know who the hell you are or what the fuck you want. So I’m going to tell you this once,” I said, straightening my shoulders and glaring at him. “I don’t think anyone, other than my mother, would consider me a nice guy. Leave her the fuck alone.”

He reached for a paper towel and laughed. “You’re out of your league. Frankly, I don’t give a shit if she fucks you or half the world’s population. At the end of the day, she’s going to fuck me when I want. End of story. Oh and by the way, remember, I’m old friend. You’re new friend or maybe more like friend for now.”

I clenched my fists, at least as much as my right hand would close. The rage that had seized me earlier took over as my shoulders tightened and my heart pounded. I could taste the fury that overtook me as I pinned him against the wall. “Old friend. Maybe you’re hard of hearing. I said leave her the fuck alone. You don’t know who the fuck I am.” I pushed back from him and ran my hand through my hair, trying to calm myself down.

Straightening his shirt, he came up to me with a fucking death wish. “I have what she wants. At the end of the day, I always win.”

This had to be one of those karma shit things, and I was getting a taste of my own medicine. I refused to believe I was anything like this asshole, even at my worst. 


~Ana