Sunday, July 7, 2013

It's Not Over: Chapter 4-6

There was a slight speed bump in the writing process.  Book Bash, Life, and Out of Breath  got in the way.

But have no fear, I'm back in the saddle.  Nearing 21,000 words, It's Not Over  is coming to life.

A new character is re-introduced from Madison's past, Alex Santana.  We first met Alex briefly when Madison and Rick were feeding the homeless.

***
Her head reclined on my chest. She moved against my body with such ease and confidence. It was a fucking turn-on, and she could feel it. She loved having power and control over me.
“You two should get a room.”
We both quickly straightened, startled out of whatever the hell that was. Where the fuck was my head?
“Alex, it’s been a while,” Madison said. “Rick, this is Alex, an, um…old friend.”
Old friend, my ass. He was a fuck buddy. That son of a bitch was salivating as he eyed her from head to toe.
I reached out my hand. “Rick Marin, new friend.”
I wasn’t a fuck buddy, and I had no plans of ever being one. I might cop a feel here and there, but that was it. This guy was an asshole. I should know. I was Asshole Extraordinaire.
“Alex Santana. I’ll see you later, Madison.” He winked at her and walked away.

It was then that I realized my arm was still wrapped around her waist. I let her go. I ran my hands through my shower-capped head and cursed that damn thing. 
~Chapter 38 from The Do Over
***

I'm tempted to post a teaser so that I could let you know more about Alex.  All I'll tell you is that Alex has ties to Madison and a long standing connection. He may hold the "key" to what she thinks she wants, and he has no problem whatsoever in using it to get what he wants. 




Will Alex Santana come between Madison and Rick?


PS: In case you're wondering if this is a triangle, the answer is a big fat NO.  

~Ana


No comments: